Sunday 11 January 2015

Sundays





Hello Sunday
what you going to do today
What shall I do to melt
your hours away
The weather is not sunny so
outside pursuits look glum
Not much to do outside when
there is no sun

Inside it’s warm and there is
no wind or rain
My senses tell me amuse yourself
indoors but chores are a pain
I have whittled away most of the
morning on my laptop it’s true
So it only leaves part of the day
to look for things to do

As a child I thought Sundays were
boring and not fun at all
How I changed my mind when work
made it’s call
Now in retirement Sunday’s are not
important one day is much as any other
But I do prefer it when most of the population
has their employment to cover

But wait - this Sunday I have an appointment
for lunch
It’s a Christmas date a bit late but we are all
a retiree bunch
So no crackers to pull or Christmas lights
festooned around
and hopefully not a Christmas dinner on the
menu will be found

So enjoy your Sunday with whatever you do
Be it planned or spontaneous it’s up to you
Because tomorrow is the start of a whole new
seven days
So make your Sunday special in your own little
ways

by Margmax 2015
http://www.getwellversed.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment