Tuesday 11 December 2012

Winter and Christmas






Winter and Christmas

Winter in Britain is a dismal time
It’s dark, cold and miserable with little sun shine
Many seek to escape to far flung places for the heat
But the average Briton just will not be beat

The authorities are never prepared for what weather
extremities arrive
A bit of rain, ice or snow means transport cannot
survive
My friends in Sweden never have the weather calamities
which we do
Why because they are prepared for those winter blues

Major British roads they grit but not the roads leading onto them
So how can you get your car safely from home and back again
The sloping road from our estate onto the main bus route
Just needs a little ice and down into the flowing traffic you shoot

“Please grit the approach to the main road I ask the Council every
year
Because it’s only a matter of time before a serious accident will
happen there”
“We must give priority to bus routes” they reply
“Yes it’s a busy bus route so that’s why I am asking you” says I

But I ask you would Christmas be the same if you spent it in a hot climate
Singing Christmas carols round a pool with strangers not your mates
Christmas was made for cold, ice and snow
Spent around homely blazing fires with folk that you know

So in the winter for me the best place is the comfort of home
I do not like to face these weather fopars in a strange zone
and now that I am retired and do not have to go outside every day
I think I can face the British winter weather in my own little way .......

by Margmax 2012
http://www.getwellversed.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment