Thursday 25 October 2012

My Christmas Shopping






Christmas shopping a pleasure or a pain
I just can’t believe we are here again
Is it really 12 months since I last did this chore
and here I am -  doing it once more

Knowing what the recipient wants helps a bit
It saves tramping around the shops you can even google it
You look for the bargains see who has it at a good price
And once you have found it if it’s in stock that’s very nice

You buy all the “things” and look for places they can be hidden
Under beds, in cupboards often forgetting what you bought (I do I’m not kidding)
Then comes the wrapping now isn’t that loads of fun
You panic because you need more gifts for some

Then you have to distribute the gifts before the big day
Arranging getting together with folk who are just as busy by the way
The day gets nearer cards and gifts are all despatched
Is that you relaxed no don’t be so daft

Now you have to shop for the Christmas feast
Fighting with other shoppers to get in all the treats
Terrified you forget something important like sprouts
No I am not kidding no Christmas dinner could be without

Christmas eve and what are you doing -  preparing for “the day”
Which duly arrives and everyone is merry and gay
You are cooking, perspiring and fretting that everything is done
Whilst making sure that your family are having fun

But I know this will be repeated for as long as I can
Even although I am not a big Christmas fan
For many people it is a very sad day
Spent on their own loved one’s gone away

So I have many people around my Christmas table
and I will do so for as long as I am able
So if you have a Christmas that’s a bit like mine
I wish you happy shopping and a wonderful Christmas time

by Margmax 2012

For more Christmas poems and rhymes please visit the Christmas section of my website by clicking here:-
getwellversed.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment